Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Hey! Does anyone have Yahoo? I have an email account and all the computers down here have Yahoo messenger. So, we could talk. Email me.

Also! I finally broke down and bought...


...a cell phone. Yes! I know. I too am disappointed in myself. But you can't call cell phones from public phones here, and all the locutorios (call centers) shut down at 23.00, meaning that it's a real pain in the ass to have a social life that doesn't revolve around the people I live with, plus with the actually being able to recieve calls even when I'm not home (a.k.a. most of the time). So yeah. It costs $130 (u$s45), and comes with $50 call credit. Foreigners can't get hooked up to the national network (they have wierd, protectionist anti-foreigner rules about some things here) so I have to use a system of cards, which I haven't quite figured out yet.

And! I tried to repair my camera, but I'm really just tired of it, and I'm thinking it's time to trade in for a new (used) camera, one that is NOT a Minolta.

Anyway, here are some more photos, most from Indymedia, all found through Google. For explanation, see previous post.


This is a statue in Plaza de Congreso, overrun by people. Either the date is wrong or it's a one year commemoration of the Dec. 19th, 2001 protests. Note the woman with frying pan.


I bet those weren't rubber bullets. Eek.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi nate...been a while since i talked to you last...i have yahoo instant messenger at work, so if you want to chat during the day, i will be signed on...my screen name is wbryanlovesyou...hope things are going well...talk to you soon.

love,

bryan

Anonymous said...

Nato, I can't believe you broke our pact to avoid cell phones at all cost, and to try to get back to the rotary system! just kidding. Does this mean we might even be able to call you? If so, email me your number.
Hope you are doing well. Miss you.

-Lena

Rebecca said...

ummm....i think you are mistaken...salmiakki is so yummy tasting!! i love it!
are you staying 2 semesters? see you in 8 months!! have a great time and tell your finnish roommate hi and that i LOVE his country!!
rebecca

Anonymous said...

Nate! I think I have Yahoo on my computer at home. So I will email you when I get there (Monday!!)
xo keeley