Friday, September 09, 2005

Springtime is coming! Finally! I spent a lot of Thursday sitting and reading in the sun next to the gigantic titanium flower near my apartment.* The next day I got horribly sick and went to the Hospital Alemán, and I'm still recovering this weekend. I think it's the pollution, but man, I get sick a lot here.

Did you know that Bush is coming to Argentina in November, for the Summit of the Americas? He's not even staying on land, but rather, an aircraft carrier stationed off the coast. There's going to be a one mile security cordon around the conference.

Wow. That's some impressive paranoia.

*Yes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hullo Nate. How are you sick? Is there malaria in Argentina? There's a whole fuckin lot of malaria here.

Incidentally, this is one of the more interesting articles I've read about Latin American politics in awhile (focuses on Chavez specifically, but it's very relevant):

http://www.slate.com/id/2125472/

Nathan said...

Wull thank you, intelligent stranger! Much enjoyed.


I'm doing better, Mo, thanks.